What if we rolled down the dunes?
We are not in the great Sahara, but along the French west coast, just 60 kilometers from Bordeaux!
Any information on this natural pearl?
- The dune is in constant motion, often, even a few meters each year. The strong winds of the ocean move large amounts of sand;
- With heights between 100 and 120 meters, 3 kilometers long and 500 meters wide, it has the highest European dune;
- is the second most visited natural site of France after Mont Saint Michel;
- in season comfortable staircases are set up that will help you reach the top of the dune near the public pay parking;
- stay at least one night to fully enjoy the nature and silence of the place;
- the starry that can be enjoyed from the top of the dune will remain etched forever in the memories;
- you can try various sports related to water, sand and wind.
The camping, at the beginning of the season, is really horrible and in a clear state of abandonment, but for one night we pretend not to see the negative sides, despite the 34 euros fee to pitch our tent. Really crazy!
It is necessary to buy some food before arriving at the dune, because there are no large supermarkets nearby, if not the private shops of the campsites.